The Romsey 5 Mile Run is set within the grounds of The Broadlands Estate, once the home of The Earl Mountbatten of Burma. The surface is mainly tarmac with a short distance of smooth hardcore. The course is 3 laps of the estate making it one of the flattest 5 mile races in the county and as such attracts athletes from further a field looking for a PB time. This running event is also perfect for first timers just starting out. This year we are celebrating our 10th anniversary at Broadlands.
The course is a single lap, covering Ryde, Puckpool, Seaview, St. Helens, Netttlestone, Seaview and back to Ryde.
The course is not suitable for wheelchairs.
SEAA Course Accuracy Certificate.
Click Here for Full Details
The event is renowned as a fast, flat course and as the ‘home of the PB’ is an ideal opportunity to record personal and seasons best times.
Since the first event in 1982, thousands of runners have completed the race and the race has become the highlight of the year’s sporting calendar in Fleet and the surrounding area. Organised by Fleet & Crookham AC – we are all runners ourselves and volunteer to organise grass roots events
- A gently undulating but fast course with personal best potential
- Course is traffic-free
- An ideal build-up to the London or other spring marathons
- Pace Makers for 1:30, 1:40, 1:50; 2:00; 2:10 and 2:20 finish times
- Junior Mini Mile for 8-16 year olds – starting at 10.45am
- Well-marshalled route – over 150 cheering you on your way
- ChampionChip Timing gives you a personal time
- Professional medical support
- Professional race photography by RandR Photos Ltd
- Experienced organising team, we are all runners too
- Major benefit for national and local charities
- Great local support on the route
- An opportunity to volunteer and support a local event even if you don’t run it
- Founder member of the British Association of Road Races
- UK Athletics licence – 2019-35718
New for 2019:
- NEW – England Athletics Age Groups Masters Qualifying Event
- NEW – FREE race photography for all competitors
- NEW – a Hampshire Road Race League 2018/2019 event
- NEW – nominated local charity – Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance
For the 2019 event we will have pace makers to guide you to the following finish times – 1:30, 1:45, 2:00 and 2:15. They will be clearly visible wearing a back pack with a flag showing their pace time. There will be 2 pace makers running together for each time band.
For more info, please check here – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uar6oiszlBpc3rqkOMPZx8ap8ns-DwT3/view