The event is renowned as a fast, flat course and as the ‘home of the PB’ is an ideal opportunity to record personal and seasons best times.
Since the first event in 1982, thousands of runners have completed the race and the race has become the highlight of the year’s sporting calendar in Fleet and the surrounding area. Organised by Fleet & Crookham AC – we are all runners ourselves and volunteer to organise grass roots events
- A gently undulating but fast course with personal best potential
- Course is traffic-free
- An ideal build-up to the London or other spring marathons
- Pace Makers for 1:30, 1:40, 1:50; 2:00; 2:10 and 2:20 finish times
- Junior Mini Mile for 8-16 year olds – starting at 10.45am
- Well-marshalled route – over 150 cheering you on your way
- ChampionChip Timing gives you a personal time
- Professional medical support
- Professional race photography by RandR Photos Ltd
- Experienced organising team, we are all runners too
- Major benefit for national and local charities
- Great local support on the route
- An opportunity to volunteer and support a local event even if you don’t run it
- Founder member of the British Association of Road Races
- UK Athletics licence – 2019-35718
New for 2019:
- NEW – England Athletics Age Groups Masters Qualifying Event
- NEW – FREE race photography for all competitors
- NEW – a Hampshire Road Race League 2018/2019 event
- NEW – nominated local charity – Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance
For the 2019 event we will have pace makers to guide you to the following finish times – 1:30, 1:45, 2:00 and 2:15. They will be clearly visible wearing a back pack with a flag showing their pace time. There will be 2 pace makers running together for each time band.
For more info, please check here – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Uar6oiszlBpc3rqkOMPZx8ap8ns-DwT3/view
Welcome to ABP Southampton Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10k! This fantastic event offers runners the choice of either a Marathon, Half Marathon or 10km race, along with closed roads through the heart of Southampton.
All races start and finish in the heart of Southampton’s city centre with the run course passing iconic local landmarks including Bargate, QE2 Anchor and St Mary’s Stadium. Sure to be the race highlight will be running both the ascent and more popularly the descent over the Itchen bridge, which will be closed exclusively for this unique event.
New Forest Runners running club invite you to compete with the best and enter their friendly New Forest 10 mile event. Put Sunday July 7th 2019 in your diaries and enter today. The race will be held, as usual, at New Park in Brockenhurst, in the heart of the picturesque New Forest National Park.
As in previous years, there will be children’s ½ mile and mile races on the grass around New Park, as well as a 3 mile fun run for children over 14 and adults. Entries for these races will be on the day only.
Given the good weather in past years, this will be a whole day out for you and your family. As well as a unique and special finishers medal; prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd male and female runners, we’ll have age graded prizes; chip timing complete with a downloadable app so your friends and relations can track your progress; tea, coffee and cake; food from local caterers; a runners pub by Ringwood Brewery, selling local ales and soft drinks; New Forest ice cream; a bouncy castle; free parking; side shows and stalls and finally post-race massage.
Course – https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/117137619
The five mile race is on fully closed or traffic managed roads that show off the wonderful countryside around Overton.
The start is a short 10-15 minute walk (ideal 5-9 minute warm up run) from the finish and Race HQ and this will be sign posted the da
The Bournemouth Marathon is ’Running as it should be’. Beautiful coastal views, a chance to run the Boscombe and Bournemouth Piers with a spectacular finish.
The Bournemouth Half Marathon course follows the Full Marathon route, taking in both Boscombe and Bournemouth Piers along this stunning coastal route. This is running as it should be.
The Supernova 5K starts on Bournemouth Prom and finishes near the Bournemouth Marathon Festival Hub in the Lower Gardens. This beautiful coastal route takes in the Bournemouth Pier and takes place at dusk with an emphasis on light around the route.
Starting on the Bournemouth Prom and finishing near the BMF Hub in the Lower Gardens, the Junior 5K is for runners aged 11-18.
The Junior 1.5K is for runners aged 6-8. This beautiful, coastal route will start on Bournemouth Prom and finish near the Bournemouth Marathon Festival Hub in the Lower Gardens.